Hey folks, Olivia here again.
I want to talk a little about the care of dogs in the summer. Texas, as we all know, gets very hot and most people understand they should not leave their dogs in the car, even for a short time. But they might not think about all the other things you should do in the summer.
1. Make sure your dogs heartworm, flea and tick medication is up-to-date. This is when little critters are at their worst.
2. When you leave for the day you might be tempted to turn the air-conditioner down to save money. Please remember your pets are still in the house and are probably wearing a fur coat – keep it cool for them.
3. Always leave out more water than you think they will need.
4. If possible, walk your dog early or late, not in the heat of the day. This, of course, is better for you as well.
5. If your dog becomes glassy eyed or lethargic take it straight to the vet.
This has been a public service announcement. Thank you and goodbye.